We are looking for a dynamic new designer to join our studio team and support our Senior Designer with the delivery of website projects and digital marketing materials.
As a Mid-Weight Digital Designer at Tribe Digital, you will play a crucial role in shaping the visual identity of our clients’ digital presence. From conceptualisation to execution, you will work collaboratively with our multidisciplinary team to produce engaging and effective digital designs. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative individual who thrives in an innovative environment and is passionate about pushing the boundaries of digital design.
- Design Development:
- Conceptualise and create visually strong digital designs for websites, social media, email and other digital platforms.
- Translate creative briefs and brand guidelines into compelling and user-centric design solutions.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including developers, marketers, and account managers, to ensure cohesive and effective design implementation.
- Participate in ideation sessions and contribute innovative solutions to elevate the overall creative output of the team.
- User Experience (UX) Considerations:
- Implement best practices in UX design to enhance the overall user journey and interaction with digital products.
- Collaborate with the growth and build team to ensure a seamless integration of design and functionality that encourages conversion on websites.
- Brand Consistency:
- Maintain brand consistency across all digital touchpoints, ensuring designs align with clients’ brand identities and objectives.
- Stay Current:
- Stay abreast of the ecommerce industry trends, design technologies, and emerging tools to bring fresh and innovative perspectives to our projects.
Preferred Qualities & Experience
- We’re looking for at least 4 years of experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Wider knowledge or experience with digital-first consumer brands is a bonus
- Understanding of the impact of website landing pages and website conversion behaviour
- Interest in consumer goods across the luxury, food & drink, health & wellness space
- Confident use of Figma and Adobe Suite to deliver packaged files (experience with Adobe After Effects strongly desired!)
- Your verbal and written communication must be strong; you can clearly share your ideas and research to support them. You use plain language and don’t add unnecessary complexity
- You are self-motivated and able to work under your own autonomy as well as part of a team
- Experimentation and the desire to iterate and improve is a natural instinct
- Competitive salary of up to £33k and share option grants
- Annual leave allowance: 20 days per year (+8 bank holiday), plus a day off for your birthday and an additional day for every year of service
- Flexible Working – once you deliver on your role requirements as expected, you can start earlier, leave earlier, take a longer lunch or leave a bit later. As long as you’re around for key meetings and available during our core hours – it’s totally up to you!
- Hybrid Working – team members will be required to spend at least 2 days per week at the office
- Enhanced parental leave
- Sabbatical policy after two years of service
- Team socials and agency partner events
- Dedicated hours every quarter for training and development
About The Company
Tribe Digital is an award-winning ecommerce agency at the forefront of the industry. We are known for our innovative and impactful digital marketing strategies, fresh website design and complex technical builds. We are passionate about empowering businesses to thrive in the online landscape, and our commitment extends to fostering a collaborative and inspiring work environment. At Tribe Digital, we believe in the power of data-driven solutions and creativity to achieve remarkable results for our clients.
At Tribe Digital, we take pride in fostering a vibrant and inclusive office culture that reflects our commitment to collaboration, flexibility, and continuous learning. Our beautiful office is located in the heart of Southernhay, Exeter—a short walk from the Quay, Exeter Central, or St Davids Station.
Collaboration and continued learning is at the core of our success story. The diversity of expertise and experience levels within our team has been a driving force behind our achievements in a short time span. We therefore operate with a hybrid working team.
We are champions of flexible working and work with many of our category-changing clients remotely. However, to deliver the highest standards of work and ensure all experience levels get exposure to different projects and conversations, we believe in the value of getting together offline and online regularly. For this reason, we are focused on hiring candidates who can easily work in Exeter. We see huge value in our team sharing an office together and encourage everyone to use it as often as they can, with the minimum expectation being 2 office days per week.
We partner with ambitious brands, and our business goals mirror this same level of ambition. Our commitment to success extends beyond traditional approaches—we don’t adhere to norms simply because they’ve been the status quo. At Tribe Digital, we thrive on innovation and actively encourage our employees to play a vital role in shaping the dynamic evolution of our work. We celebrate diversity of thought, empowering every team member to contribute their unique perspectives and drive positive change within our organisation.
Corporate Social Responsibility
In 2022, we announced that we are B Corp™ certified – a real milestone moment. You can read more about it and the latest copy of our Impact Report here! At the time of qualifying, we were the top 5 highest scoring agency in the UK and have a Devon BCorp Co-Chair in our team to champion events and discussion for the South West B Corp community, the largest outside of London.
We are building a team filled with talented individuals and it is our collective unique spirits that make Tribe special. We are therefore committed to cultivating an environment that champions diversity and inclusion, where we can all truly be ourselves (on the good days and the bad) and make an authentic impact.
Our goal is to empower you to own your time and impact, no matter your experience level. We aim to provide you with the information and support you need to empower you to do fulfilling work and build relationships that matter.
Tribe is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants.
Want to apply?
If you’re interested in this position, please email [email protected] with a CV and cover letter. No recruiters please.